Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Psalm 3

1 O Lord, how many are my foes!
     How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
     "God will not deliver him."

Every day, followers heard words like these. While we hold strong to God, other doubt Him. Here, David is asking for help. The unbelievers overwhelm him, telling him that God will not pull through for him. Even when we feel this way, God always pulls through for those who love and follow him.


3 But you are a shield around me, O Lord;
     you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
4 To the Lord I cry aloud,
     and he answers me from his holy hill.

The Lord calls out through the voices of doubt, telling us that he is there and He will save us! We have the choice to call out to the Lord, and He answers our prayers.


5 I lie down and sleep;
     I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
     drawn up against me on every side.

The Lord truly does sustain us. Without Him, we would be nothing. With Him, we need have no fear of the unbelievers, even when they threaten to overwhelm us and pull us under. There is nothing God cannot accomplish; defeating those who try to rise about Him are nothing under His power.


7 Arise, O lord!
     Deliver me, O my God!
  Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
     break the teeth of the wicked.
8 From the Lord comes deliverance.
     May your blessing be on your people.

Here again, David is calling for help. As he is suppressed by the unbelievers, he needs God to support him. The Lord always protects His followers, and He blesses them in their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment