Thursday, February 17, 2011

Uncovering the Psalms

Hello out there to anyone who may or may not be reading this blog! I am here now to tell you a little bit about this blog itself. As the title of the site itself says, the purpose of it is to uncover the Psalms. Right now you might be thinking something along the lines of "What?", but that's ok. In truth, 'uncovering the Psalms' is really just taking God's word and transforming it into something that we can understand easier. When the Bible says, "Save me from my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools, (Psalm 39:8)" our brains do not usually know what to think. When our brains do not know what to think, then we usually give up. I believe that this is the reason so many of us do not read the Bible. If we have trouble easily reading it, then we won't try, or we end up having to force ourselves; neither of these are what God intended for us to do. So for the next period of undetermined months, I will be posting here with a different Psalm almost every day, depending on how long the Psalm itself is. With any luck, I can help more people read the Bible in the way the God meant for us to; with understanding and joy. If we just can uncover God's word in the Bible, then we truly will be closer to him.


And, just as a side not, I may not be able to post every day, but at the end of each week I will be sure to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment