Saturday, February 26, 2011

Psalm 4

1 Answer me when I call to you,
     O my righteous God.
  Give me relief from my distress;
     be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame?
  How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
3 Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
     the Lord will hear when I call to Him.

We really do need God, Only He can make our lives satisfied and complete. When we call out to Him in need, He answers us. In our prayers, He listens. We need His help; we look to other things to make us content, when all we need is Him! The Lord loves those who turn away from sin and idols, those who worship Him. He has even set aside a place for believers in Heaven! In fact, He loves us so much that He will always hear our prayers; whether they are outspoken or silent, small or big, thankful or desperate, He is always there.


4 In your anger do not sin;
     when you are on your beds,
     search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer right sacrifices
     and trust in the Lord.

When we are angry, we must take control over it. If we are overrun with anger, then we easily can lose control and sin purposefully. It is important to remember to truth the Lord; when you lean on Him, you become strong enough to withstand the sinful urges that attack you when you become angered.


Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
     Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord.
7 You have filled my heart with greater job
     than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
     for you alone, O Lord,
     make me dwell in safety.

Many still doubt the Lord. These people worry and are always searching for good, even when it is right in front of them. Followers of Christ can be peaceful in knowing that there is always good, and it comes from God. He fills us up when we feel empty and protects us from all harm, as He truly does love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment